Podcasting


I went home this past weekend to College Station, Tx. Which means an hour and a half in a car… alone. That’s a lot of time to sit in silence. Most of the time I would turn on a random playlist on Spotify, but I decided to put on a podcast while I drove home and back. It wasn’t my first time to listen to a podcast, but I definitely don’t do it often, so it was still kind of weird to me. But I decided that I LOVED it!  I started with a podcast from Relevant and finished with a podcast from Breakaway ministries. The Relevant podcast was about 2 hours so I didn’t finish it all before I switched to the 45 minute Breakaway podcast. One big thing that I noticed about the Relevant podcast was the sponsors. They spent the first 5 minutes talking about one of their sponsors and another 5 minutes about an hour into their show talking about their second. Both sponsors were nonprofits, and sounded like they were doing cool things, but it was just too much right at the beginning. I found an article about podcast marketing and sponsorship from Entrepreneur.com. I thought I would share some of their thoughts on why you should start a podcast marketing strategy.

1. It’s inexpensive and quick to produce- The average podcast is about an hour, which means it don’t take a lot of time like a lot of marketing campaigns. It cost very little to actually post a podcast, but it could get expensive if you buy high-end equipment, which isn’t always necessary.
2.  It’s convenient for consumers- because podcasting is audio only, customers don’t have to place their full attention on your content. They can listen to them while they’re driving or working out or shopping.
3. It builds trust with your audience- Audio content is very personal. It allows customers to hear your voice and your opinions. It allows customers to hear the inflection in your voice, so they know what makes you mad and they know what you’re passionate about.

Podcasting is an effective way to reach an audience that shares the same passions or supports the same cause as you, that doesn’t cost a lot of money.  

Basu, T. (2016, December 13). 7 Reasons to Add a Podcast to Your Content-Marketing Strategy. Retrieved April 02, 2018, from https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/283629  

Comments

  1. Reagan,
    I do not listen to podcasts regularly, but I have listened to the Joel Osteen podcasts before. Podcasts is an effective way to reach large audiences without spending tons of money. If I had a large following, I would use this marketing technique to keep my following up interested and up to date. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Negativity

Slacktivist

Perception is Everything